Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa Hats & Rescuing a Seashell Tree: Pinterest Addiction #2

Wow - the week went by really fast!  I originally started to type this as an early draft of my new weekly Pinterest post so I could post it later in the week, but realized that it's already been a whole week since I last posted!  I guess having 2 days off work helped to make the time go by fast.

This week's Pinterest inspired post are these Santa Hats.  I originally found these on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog, but also pinned them to remind myself to get it done this year. 
via Pinterest and Thrifty Decor Chick
Super cute, huh?  I won't do a tutorial since you can just click over to her fantastic blog.  However, I did use different materials than she did:  red felt, black felt, white felt, and iron-on sparkly bling.  I used hot glue to put it all together, even the iron-on bling.  I was really happy with how mine came out!

I originally was going to make 2 in different sizes, but I used the other foam cone to make this seashell tree from my first Pinterest Addiction Weekly  post. 
Here is the original, squatty seashell tree. 
Here is the newer, less squatty version. 
I wasn't too happy with how it came out, so I made an attempt tonight to fix it.  I added more shells at the top so it would have more of the tapered, cone shape.  I also used a different shell at the top and added a jute bow.   I wasn't able to find a starfish that is small enough, but once I do, it will be the perfect addition to this little tree.  So, I'm much more pleased with it now and glad that I fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.