Sunday, December 11, 2011

Glitter? I Don't Need No Stinkin' Glitter!

I don't know about you, but as much as I like sparkles and glitter on things, I cannot stand having glitter end up all over me.  That stuff gets everywhere - hands, hair, face... you name it and glitter will get there.   I have purposely not bought an item because there was too much glitter on it.  

Last week, I found some cute ornaments at Target.  I think there were 8 in a tube for only $1.  The set included both shiny & glittery ornaments and came in these non-traditional Christmas colors (they also had bright purple and teal).

I didn't want to use the ones with glitter on them, so I separated the shiny from the glitter.  I wasn't going to use the glittery ones at all, but I decided that was a waste.  I got the idea to put Mod Podge on them to see if that would prevent the glitter from getting all over the place. 

It sure was messy, but ended up being worth it.  After they all dried, this is what they looked like.

You can't even tell the difference, right?  To test them, I rolled them around in my hands and only a few pieces of glitter came off.  So, now I can enjoy the glitter without it getting all over me - score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.