Tuesday, June 21, 2011

On a "stay-cation"

Due to my employer changing our vacation accrual rates and PTO cap, I have been "forced" to take time off so I don't lose it.  Ok, ok - it's not like they were twisting my arm, but usually if I have a week off, I go on a trip somewhere.  This time, I just decided to stay home and get some things done around the house or do some fun stuff close to home.

So far, I've taken my nephew to Legoland, seen a couple of movies, and went to the Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA.  Fun stuff!  I do have some plans for little house projects here and there, but we'll see how it goes.  Tomorrow, Cheesebox is bringing over her old dishwasher for me to have since mine isn't working so well - yay!  So, this will be an adventure - I've never installed a dishwasher before, but I do have my handy, dandy Home Depot book to help me out.  And to top it off, it's just me & her having to get the thing out of her car and into my house.  Oh, boy - we'll see how it goes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message below - I will respond back via email, but if you have a no-reply or don't leave an email address, then I will reply below your comment. Thanks for taking the time to visit and commenting! It's much, much appreciated.